We were then whisked away into vans and taken backstage to the Italy pavilion. As we stepped into the pavilion rain drops started to come down and there was Ashton again handing out ponchos. (he really did think of everything)
We went into Enoteca Wine Shop for a glass of rose regale and to bid our farewells to our tour guides. We toasted to a wonderful day filled with good food, good wine and good friends.
Eat to the Beat
Our tour guides may have left us but there was still more to the VIP experience. We had reserved seats at the Eat to the Beat Concert. In fact we had an entire row for 13 people! And with rain pouring down outside we were very happy with these seats.
On this night we had 4th row seats for Starship. You might ask why we didn’t have 1st row seats and that is because it is hard to see from there. 4th row is acutally the best.
I have to be honest, I did not make it to Illuminations but if I had we even had a VIP area for that. It was in the United Kingdom pavilion next to the fish and chips booth. Not bad!
The Disney Difference
In addition to everything we got to experience it was definitely the service level that stood out. I mentioned Ashton a couple of times in this article and I will once more. He was amazing at making sure we always had everything we needed. If you saw him you knew you were being taken care of.
Jude was definitely in charge and he was always one step ahead of us lining everything up so when we got there it seemed natural and everything went off without a hitch. He was always smiling and was constantly greeting other Disney guests wherever we went.
Jeff and Jennifer were our best friends. They chit chatted, told stories and even at one point sang ‘Let it Go’ with us. They smiled and laughed with us the entire day and we were sad to see them go.
They all spoiled us rotten for the day and each and every one of us appreciated it. They were amazing.
About the Tour
- The 7-hour experience is offered following Fridays: September 16, 23, 30; October 7, 14, 21, 30; and November 4, 11, 2016.
- The cost of The Ultimate Day at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival experience is $399 per Guest, plus tax.
- A 15% discount is available for Disney Vacation Club Members, Annual Passholders and Disney Chase Visa Cardmembers.
- This tour is wheelchair and ECV accessible.
- Theme park admission is required and is not included with the cost of the VIP Tour.
- For reservations, please call (407) WDW-TOUR or (407) 939-8687.