Order Ice Water
A cup of water is always free at Walt Disney World and Disneyland. There is no reason for you to have to buy a $$$ bottle of water or bring your own from home.
- Some of the water does have that ‘Orlando’ taste to it but you quickly learn which locations give the bigger cups and the ones that just taste better.
- You also don’t have to buy anything to get the water. You can stop by any counter service location with fountain drinks and ask for a cup of ice water.
My current favorite water spot is Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion in Epcot – you can go up and get refills.
Not only does free water help with costs but it is also great for staving off dehydration – especially on those hot August days in Orlando.
Order from the Kids Meal
Sshhh don’t tell everyone be anyone can order off the kids menu.
- Kids meals are smaller and they are perfect for those watching what they eat or just don’t want a heavy meal in-between rides.
- Kids meals are cheaper and include a drink. That adds up quickly!
- Also many kids meals come with items that can be packed away for a snack later (grapes, carrots, cookies, raisins, etc.)
Order Ala Carte
Just because they offer a full meal does not mean you have to order it. If you want just the hamburger ask the cashier if they offer ala carte items.
Most location do.
Ask About Discounts
This one I always forget about.
Disney does not publish what discounts are offered where. You also can’t just ask ‘what discounts do you have’. You have to be specific so if you have any Disney card ask ‘Do you have a XXXX discount?”
- Discounts include: DVC Member, Disney Visa, Annual Pass, or Tables in Wonderland
- Many places offer 10-15% off. There are even a couple with 20% off. This quickly adds up.
Now it is your turn. What are other tips do you have for saving money on food in the parks?