When I get to Disney, I am ready for that family vacation to begin but about 3 days in I am ready for my guilty pleasure…. a visit to a Disney Spa.
One afternoon each trip I get to go by myself (yes folks, my husband gets the kids and I get some peace and quiet) to one of the spas on property. Sometimes I get a massage and other times it’s a facial. Just depends on my mood that day.
But my best experience so far was actually at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The massage was in the back area of the
Here are some tips about spa services at Disney:
- All Deluxe resorts and some Moderates will schedule massages or facials at their health clubs. Most of the health clubs, even if they say they are a spa, do not have full time staff on duty. Instead they send someone over from the Grand Floridian Spa for your appointment. So no matter where you are on property you are getting the same level of service (amenities may be different but the massage or facial will be the same)
- Spa Services are cheaper at some hotels! You pay the most at their flag ship spas (Grand Floridian and Saratoga Springs) with other resort are at a slightly lower price. So if you schedule a massage at a hotel other than Grand Floridan or Saratoga Springs you can get the quality of a Grand Floridian Spa experience at Animal Kingdom prices.
- Also, if you are a Disney Vacation Club Member you get 20%.
So this Disney pleasure is not sounding as guilty!
Scheduling a spa visit is easy. You can call from your room or by calling (407) 827-4455. They are full service and also have couple and children packages. But since this is my guilty pleasure I always go solo.
You do have to give a credit card guarantee but you can cancel up until 4 hours before your appointment with no penalty.
My guilt of this, other than the price, is that I leave my family alone for a couple of hours while I have quality me time. Ah who am I kidding – there is no guilt here!!
Now can I figure out how to justify a full day?
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Loop should you happen to have tomake a stop along the way and want to reboard:
- 1st Stop ~ Capturing Magical Memories
- 2nd Stop ~ YourFirstVisit.net
- 3rd Stop ~ The DisneyFAITHful
- 4th Stop ~ The Many Adventures of a Disney Lovin’ Spectrum Mom
- Final Stop ~ Return to Disney