He also participated in a Kid’s run at ESPN Wide World of Sports and my husband actually ran the Wine and Dine Half Marathon. It was a family affair and we have the medals to prove it.
- Secure a Room – No room would be a big issue so Joe headed out to find the best rate. I love that A Disney Travel Agent compares all the different promotions to find what is the best one for you and you just sit back and wait. In the end I am back at my favorite value – All Star Sports! I chose this resort since I am going solo and don’t need much room and has great race transportation. I also asked Joe to put in my room preference – Football building 10 1st floor facing the football field. It’s close to the dining hall and transportation.
- Register for The Race– I needed to make sure I was running in the race so I headed to the runDisney website and signed up.
- Get an Airline Ticket – this one is still up in the air (no pun intended). Joe likes to watch and wait on airline tickets. So who knows if I will be on United or Southwest Airlines.
- Sign up for Magical Express– For solo trips I only use Disney transportation so Magical Express is a wonderful way to get from the airport to Walt Disney World. I love sitting back on that bus and watching the welcome video.
- Now for the fun part : Arranging Meet Ups – I can’t wait to meet Jennifer of The Disney Babies Blog and Beth of Pursuing the Magic!! I also plan on meeting a couple of other girls that live in the area from my Scrapbooking groups. (now you see why my husband has no desire to join me on this trip)
Other than that this is a low pressure trip. I will be making no dining reservations (unless it involves meeting up with friends) and what I do each day will be decided when I wake up in the morning.
4 Days all to myself at Disney World!! Merry Christmas to Me!!! Jealous?