The theme this week is Characters Great and Small. I thought of Little Man right away when he discovered he could climb all over the firetruck at ‘Where’s the Fire?’display in Innoventions.
“Where’s the Fire” presented by Liberty Mutual
- Located in Innoventions West, this attraction teaches adults and children basic fire safety in a fun and entertaining way
- About every 5 minutes, groups are led into a mock house to discover fire hazards commonly found in the house
- Groups work as teams and use a special “safety light” to find the hazard
- This attraction is great for all ages, but little ones will need help holding the light as it is a bit heavy
- Play it Safe area is geared to teach basic safety rules for escaping a fire to the little ones
- Next to the house is a 30 ft fire truck built by W.S. Darley & Company
- Lets guests see how a pumper truck operates and learn about the equipment worn, carried and used by firefighters
- Also include the “Badges of Honor” exhibit that includes a sampling of patches worn by firefighters around the country
- Reedy Creek, Walt Disney World’s fire department, is prominently displayed in square 1A.
- The other patches are routinely removed and replaced with new additions.
- If you’re a firefighter, feel free to add your patch to the collection. Just ask a cast member for details and they’ll help you fill out the necessary paperwork.
- You can also have your picture taken (free of charge) standing next to the fire truck. To snap the picture, you press a button on top of a fire hydrant.
- Local firemen occasionally make guest appearances at this attraction to encouraged kids to get to know these brave men and women to help alleviate any fears they may have.
Thanks to Deb at Focused on the Magic for hosting the Disney Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop! Don’t forget to hop and visit the other blogs. Thank you for stopping by!