The theme this week is Transportation.
I was just remembering the days when we could ride in the front of the monorail. Those were great memories that I am sorry I cannot share with my children. I also included a bit of a homage to the Magical Blogorail community! Check them out if you get a chance. Great group of talented bloggers.
- Included as part of the Complimentary transportation throughout Walt Disney World Resort
- Originally began in 1971 running between the Magic Kingdom, Polynesian Resort, Ticket and Transit Center (TTC) and Contemporary Resort using Mark IV Trains (Grand Floridian was added in 1988)
- In 1983, line was expanded to include Epcot
- In 1989 trains upgraded to Mary VI Trains that are still in use today
- Unfortunately due to a tragic Monorail accident in 2009 you can no longer ride in the front of the monorail with the pilot.
- BUT you can still ask the Cast Members and they may have a set of Monorail Wings (sticker) for you to remember your ride
Thanks to Deb at Focused on the Magic for hosting the Disney Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop! Don’t forget to hop and visit the other blogs. Thank you for stopping by!