The theme this week is Disney Signs. The Jungle Cruise is one of my favorite rides ever. And the detail in the queue is immense. I could spend all day there going through it all. Today here are a couple of the signs you see along the way. Anyone want a kitten?
Magic Kingdom Jungle Cruise : Set sail on a 1930s tramp-steamer tour in the untamed waters of the Mekong, the Amazon and the rivers of Africa.
- An original attraction brought over from Disneyland to Disney World for the 1971 opening
- Inspired by the movie The African Queen starring Humphrey Bogart and Katharine Hepburn.
- The tour is led by a live Disney cast member delivering a humorous scripted narration as you pas audio-animatronic jungle animals
- The Jungle Navigation Co.(a fictional company) runs the Jungle Cruise and you can see many of their signs as you walk through the queue.
- At one time the skippers carried real revolvers loaded with blanks. Those real guns have been replaced with realistic props.
- There are 15 boats with a maximum of 10 in operation at any given time
Thanks to Deb at Focused on the Magic for hosting the Disney Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop! Don’t forget to hop and visit the other blogs. Thank you for stopping by!