Well I have done it again! I am way behind in my scrapbooking and I am overwhelmed at the daunting task in front of me. I just want may pages made. I don’t have time to create something artistic. I just need to get them down and printed.
How many of you also feel like me?
These days I don’t have the time or energy to ‘scrapbook’ so I am struggling. I don’t want to look for matching papers or look for cute embellishments. I want something fast. I looked at Pocket Pages (Project Life style) scrapbooking and even that looks like too much to handle right now.
So I had to come up with my own method of quickly getting photos on a page. Something that focuses on just getting it done. And I created this page that anyone can do!! And you can recreate it time after time after time. It uses no papers or embellishments – just your photos!!
So open your photo album making program of choice, start with a blank page, and….
1. Focus on Photos.
- Use only photos and fit as many photos on the page as you can.
- If you want, create photo boxes with rounded corners to soften the photos and work with Project Life. I recommend a corner radius of 30 px.
- Don’t worry about how they line up, just get the photos on the page.
- Tell your story your way.
- Feel free to write a paragraph or a just add photo titles. If it jogs your memory then you have what is needed.
3. Add a Splash of Color.
- To tie it all together add a couple of shapes behind the photos and use colors from your photos.
- Stripes are the easiest but any shape will do the job. Just use the color picker to pick a color from a photo.
The fun part is you can save this template and use it over and over again. Just change the stripe colors or add different shapes and you are done.
If you are a subscriber to Capturing Magical Memories check out the Magical Tutorials for step by step printable instructions and this psd template freebie.
Tell me how do you ‘get it done’?