Riding the Disney’s Magical Express
Have you ever thought about using Disney’s Magical Express but didn’t know how it worked. It is a stress free way to get to and from the airport where Disney takes care of it all for you This service is complimentary and is included in the price of your room.
You can register for Magical Express when you book your room or you can call (407) WDW-MAGIC anytime prior to your trip. If you register for Magical Express within the 2 week window of your trip you may not get your materials in time and will need to see the Magical Express desk at the airport to check in for your transportation to your resort.
About two weeks prior to your trip you will receive a package in the mail from Disney’s Magical Express that includes:
- One luggage sticker person traveling. These resemble airline luggage tags. They are yellow and include you name and destination resort.
- A ticket book with your transfer coupons. You will need this to check in for your bus to your resort.
Prior to departure:
- Add the yellow tag to your luggage (if you did not have the yellow tags just hold on to your luggage receipt from the airline).
- Put transfer coupon booklet into your carry on.
Once you arrive at Orlando International Airport (MCO):
- DO NOT STOP TO GET YOUR LUGGAGE. (If you arrive after 10 PM luggage service will not be available. You will need to get your luggage and take it with you on the Disney’s Magical Express bus.)
- Proceed to Side B ground level. (this is TWO escalators) At ground level you will see Disney Cast Members with large Mickey hands pointing you in the right direction.
- If you have all your transfer coupons you can go straight to the waiting area and check in with a Cast Member.
If you do not have your documents and/or did not tag your luggage:
- Check in at the customer service desks on the right.
- Give them your luggage receipts and they will deliver your luggage to the report for you.
- Tip: They also have Magical Express stickers for the kids that you can only get from the desk.
- Once you have your transfer coupons you can move on to the waiting areas.
A Cast Member will be greet you and and direct you to the right area to wait for the bus to your resort.
Depending on the day and time you can be there just a couple of minutes or close to a half hour. This may try your patience as you have been traveling all day but know they are constantly monitoring the lines and ordering busses.
- They are tour busses so they are comfortable and well air-conditioned.
- Includes a welcome video from Mickey Mouse and his friends. Kids will be entertained on the 20 minute ride it will build excitement as you ride under the Walt Disney World welcome sign.
Resort Check In:
- Resorts are given a heads up when bus is about to arrive so they will have many cast members ready to make check in as painless as possible.
- About 3 hours later your luggage magical appears in your room.
- Hint: Knowing it could be 3 hours before you see your luggage make sure to pack items you may want while you wait. (i.e. swim wear so kids can take a dip in the pool)
- A day before you check out Disney Magical Express leaves an envelope on your room door with the information you need for your return to the airport. If it does not arrive just go to the front desk and they will take care of it.
- Magical Express will pick you up at your resort approximately 3 hours before departure.
- You can go to the lobby and check your luggage in for your flight and have your tickets printed for you up until 3 hours before departure.
This seems like a long post saying this really is a relaxed and stress free way to get to Walt Disney World from the airport. If you don’t need a vehicle or car rental rate are through the roof I highly recommend this transportation option.
Do you prefer Magical Express or renting a car when going to Walt Disney World?
Magical Express Additional Information:
- Disney’s Complimentary Transportation Information Page
- Call 407-W-DISNEY to make Magical Express Reservations or ask Questions
- Style: New “Project Life” or Pocket Style – Blocked Areas for Photos and Journaling
- Kit Used: Trip Report Digital Scrapbook by Capturing Magical Memories